UCAS & Higher Education
The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service, or as it is better known - UCAS, is the central organisation that processes applications for courses at UK universities and colleges. Not only do they process more than 2 million applications for full-time undergraduate courses every year, but they also offer very accessible information to help find exactly the right course.
They also organise conferences, education fairs and conventions across the UK and produce a wide range of publications, aimed at informing decisions about higher education, and to guide future students and their parents and advisers through the application process.
What is higher education?
Higher education refers to studies for qualifications such as first degrees and higher national diplomas which are normally undertaken by students aged 18 and over. A lot of it takes place in universities but, with 50,000 higher education courses nationwide, plenty takes place at colleges of higher education, specialist art institutions and colleges of agriculture.
Why choose higher education?
Many higher education courses provide a vocational programme of study directly related to particular work areas, such as accountancy, business administration, library studies, sports science and teaching.
A higher education qualification is an absolute must for initial entry to some careers - medicine, chartered engineering and architecture, for example. A degree or HND usually improves your chances of obtaining a fulfilling job and your earning potential.
Higher education develops important transferable skills, such as numeracy, communication and information technology, which can give you an edge in the fast-changing world of employment.
You may be at a stage in life when you can study a subject for the sake of personal satisfaction.
How do I apply?
You need to select the 2006 entry Student login link on the Apply web page of the UCAS website. During registration, you will need to enter some personal details and indicate if you are applying through a school or college, or if you are applying as an individual. If you are applying through a school or college, you will need to obtain a buzzword from them.
You will be able to use your username and password to log in to your application at different times and enter more information each time you log on. You will not be able to add any further information to your application when you have completed and sent it.
- Find out all you need to know about higher education from where to sudy and what to study. Read our reviews for all you need to know.
- Read all you need to know about adult education from our comprehensive guides, what are you waiting for? Find out all you need to kn ow today.
- Read our advice on all aspects of gardening from insects and pests to oragnic farming and garden maintenance. For all your gardening queries look no further.
- Find out all you need to know about education from higher education courses to finding the right school for your children.
- Know about On Demand Distance Learning? This could be the new face of online education so read our article for more.
Site Search Product Search