Health Problems Associated With Long Haul Flights
With an increase in flying in recent times it comes as little surprise that the health related problems which are associated with long haul flights have grown in number.
There are several factors which can be highlighted that may on a short term basis appear insignificant, yet when sustained for extended periods while flying long distances can create health problems of varying degrees. These include seating conditions suffering from restricted space; immobility and lack of exercise; dehydration; quality of the air; and cabin pressure.
With a lack of space in sometimes cramped conditions it is very important to move around where and when possible and maintain some basic exercise. This can help prevent muscular aches and indigestion.
When seated for lengthy periods you may forget about the urgency of keeping hydrated. Make sure there is a regular supply of water, either from airline services or your own carried on bottles. Note that excessive alcohol, tea and coffee drinking can have the opposite affect.
Going on holiday signifies for many an attack of the sniffles with a cough and cold. Typically being in a confined space with so many people and recycled air will put you at a higher risk.
One of the more serious conditions which can occur as a result of the poor circulation is deep vain thrombosis (DVT). This is a blood clot which develops mostly in the leg or pelvis and can result in permanent damage. It can develop further by travelling with the blood stream to the lungs which could cease if strongly affected.
- Want to get a good deal on your long haul flight? Check out our guide to see how you can do this.
- Men’s health problems. A guide to explain the most common kinds of men’s health problems.
- Get cheap health insurance and find out how to save money in this handy article
- Understand all about flights with our guide, find out the difference between scheduled and chartered and make sure you get the cheapest priced fares you can!
- Want to find a good deal on that flight to Turkey or France? Then check out our guide to all the best deals on flights to Europe.
Site Search Product Search